Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Happy Campy

Camping with you. I can't believe we planned to do this within a day and even bought a brand-new tent. Can't believe it, but in a good way.

Just getting to the beach was an adventure in itself. Going for dinner, looking for an AXS machine to print the permit, hunting for apples and barley drinks at shop closing time.

The first time I've spent a night in a tent, and not in the army... I never expected that you would be game for such an adventurous outing, but yet you surprised me. We didn't manage to stay up and talk about deep stuff, like I imagined we might, but I guess in the end you still had a lot of fun just poking me the whole night and refusing to let me sleep. You're so interesting that way - on the one hand not doing some things the way I expect, yet on the other hand being totally surprising. I don't know why I amuse you so much, but maybe that has to do with why I don't know why you amuse me this way either.

And then there were the three bugs trapped in the tent with us, the toilet trips throughout the night, the breeze-less night, among other things. And that we were dressed like we were going shopping, on a camping trip... insane. But I know we'd do it again, you and me.