Sunday, September 26, 2004

saturday slips by

Last night i slept for 14 hours. Fell asleep at five yesterday and woke up at seven this morning. For once this week i dont feel halfdead and like i'm going to fall down. These days it seems that is all I ever feel apart from the occasional bursts of hysteria and comedy when around close friends. I feel much better today. Maybe its all the sleep. but i've lost saturday.

Well. At least the nightmare is over. I get one school colours for track (fitting), one outstanding service for dance (inappropriate) and one outstanding service for community service (oxymoronic). And one national colours. I feel the unfairness of it all as yina didn’t get anything despite her devoted captaincy and dedication to canoeing. I will make an appeal to the principals.

At least the gloom of the past week has lifted partially after going to school with yingshi on Friday and the relief of having melvin found a pair of shoes for me and immanuel’s heroic effort to bring a pair which he eventually forgot to bring on Friday itself. It was quite funny but I thank him anyway.

At least Honours night had good food. At least west zone awards had a reception with decent food.

I think I’d already hit the depths on Thursday so by Friday things were heading upwards, yup so life was looking brighter towards the weekends. Felt so bone-tired-exhausted-decrepit-dead by the time the effective week ended around yesterday afternoon after west zone that I just dumped the burden of studying and worrying about love and life and whatnot on the floor with my bag and shoes (third pair!) and blazer. And went to sleep thank heavens. I feel good today. The haiku I wrote on the bus ride home on Thursday afternoon and amended a while ago.

I didnt know what to say to you after Honours. You’re always looking so distracted I don’t know if I’m welcome around you. Hope you enjoyed yourself anyway.

On an ending note-- Lord please bless Yap Xiong, for being the ever-staid friend and the compassionate soul to always have an ear and ready companionship available. If asked for the epitome of a solid friend I would vote him for most embodying.