Sunday, October 17, 2004

kusuOJT

Today was OJT to kusu

It was kinda boring really.
I felt I dint really fit in first of all.
I know it sounds stupid that I should complain about this, but really, I do feel like I’m not really into the whole scene heart and soul.
I cant bring myself to the kind of fervour over guiding I usually have for stuff that I really enjoy doing.
Mingsheng once said during a workshop that I’m in it ‘more for the scientific part’, which I seem to find more and more aptly descriptive.
Out on the walks I just kinda lose focus and get bored of the leaders talking about some other creature I already know about.
I can feel it in me that I wont be a really good guide in the talking role or seeking role. Gimme the crowd control role then I think that I can handle no problem.
Still, it points towards some general inability of mine to communicate and interact and bond with the layman and public properly, and which I’ve always been aware of.
So I guess something has to be done, that either I change myself and become more chirpy cheery and interactive or else I just slog thru the december walk with a memorized script and get it over with then go incommunicado.
Both ways its pathetic quitely.
Maybe then, I should just learn to open up and not be afraid to talk and initiate conversation.
Then problem solved and I will be happier and people ard me will gain a new friend aka me.
Hahahaha.
Anyways something new seen today.
A DOLPHIN!
It was quite a ways away, maybe 50, 60 metres, but when (the someone) shouted ‘dolphin!’ I turned and saw the beautiful blue-purple back breaking the surface and the dorsal fin cresting out of the water like… like… like something out of imagination tv story etc.
Magical to the point of mundaneity.
Strange but true.
Waiyin would’ve been so excited if she was there.
Yes Singapore waters have dolphins just that its quite rare to see them cos there are so many vessels that most marine mammals are frightened away or, well, mowed over I guess.
I just hope this one returns to the larger sea safely.
A dolphin.
Can u imagine?