Saturday, September 11, 2004

ZooZooZooZoZoZ

The days seem kinda mixed up now… cant really remember whether its Thursday or Friday or Wednesday anymore. I think its cos all my sleeping has gone to shot the past few days.

The past few days have been so great tho!!! What I wouldn’t give to spend time like this again with happy close friends and talking and laughing together… the today is Friday, and on Wednesday 11 of us went to the zoo, it was so much fun I don’t know where to start describing it. Certainly there were the animals and creatures big and small to look at and admire, all the varied birds and beasts of God’s creation. It simply amazes the soul and mind, and reminds us that God created all this, and everything around us, in such beauty and splendour and grace. I feel so diminished by all this, and God’s power becomes so evident, that all around us are evidence of his infinite ability, and we are really nothing at all. I guess I felt awe, and respect, and at the same time so lucky to be loved by God and to know him… I really dunno how to put what I feel into words, but maybe I could say it is a kind of enlightenment, that I can see so clearly how everything is in place and all part of His great design.

Wednesday night we went to mich lee’s place to stay over, and I love stayovers. Watched movies until 2+ in the morning, then somehow in the search for a hot drink the group migrated to the kitchen and started talking, except josh who fell asleep on the sofa and liz who was had to go home against her will… sigh its so frustrating when that happens, happened to me a coupla times too, its like your parents seem so unreasonable and rigid, and u know u’re missing out on all the joy of being with friends and cant do a damn thing abt it… sucky feeling.

I think we talked for nearly two hours? Abt the intrinsic nature of God, that if a higher being were to exist, and have created this earth, then we could never truly comprehend this being, because it is fundamentally out of our grasp of comprehension, like a 2d person on paper trying to comprehend a 3d cube. Abt dreams and out-of-body-experiences and life… this is what I love abt stayovers, abt being able to communicate for once, to have the time to sit down and talk and understand the other person or people… haha its beginning to sound like building a romantic relationship.

Anyway then we migrated back to the tv at maybe 4 to 5 am and watched band of brothers which I thot would be interesting but unfortunately knocked everyone out like a concussion grenade… hey the episodes I watched at home were spectacularly deep and thought-provoking ok… within 40 mins everyone fell asleep except josh (ironically), who graciously turned off the tv and cd player for all of us.

And mish has really really nice flowing hair gosh!!… just that I’ve never really seen her let it down before… gosh I felt my pseudo-fetish for hair coming back again. Felt a bit freaky.

We woke up at ard 8 after maybe three hours of sleep. At this time I’m operating on five hours of sleep over the past two days. My head feels a bit wired and electric, but otherwise cant seem to work. Everyone’s tired except caleb who seems to run an internal thermonuclear fusion plant that supplies power 24/7 and feeds a word processing/output device. Amazing. All thru breakfast even. What does it take to stop calbee from chattering? I think if someone stuffed his mouth words would start leaking from his nose and spurting from his ears.

Finally we go home and I take a train w yina back to kranji, she to woodlands. I’m tired to the point of numbness and can actually work up the energy to chat and entertain a little, haha the body has strange ways of surviving things. So I head home and yina heads home, and I forgot to ask her how tim is doing, which for some reason is quite important to me, maybe cos of a previous misunderstanding.

When I got home on thurs afternoon at ard one I took a bath, ate and started reading a book a book. By three I was asleep, and woke to eat dinner at 11.28. then went back to sleep again two hours later… I remember the time on the clock so clearly, the hands pointing slightly askew 11 and at 28… when I woke up the next morning it was like a freeze frame printed on the wall cos it was the exact same time again, the hands pointing slightly askew 11 and at 28. Maybe it was sheer coincidence, but it felt like some kind of portent, tho for what I dunno.

Anyway I got my new sony ericcson k700i now. Oh how I wish to complain about the circumstances under which I get it. The injustice! The dissatisfaction! The grim and forcibly cheery positivity! Sigh… then again maybe I shouldn’t… another day perhaps I shall Complain.

It is 2 am now I shall go to sleep